Followers

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Simon Says Stamp Challenge entry

Hope you are all having a great week so far, not long until the weekend now.

The Challenge at Simon Says is for black and white with a splash of colour. I had a few ideas and must confess a couple did not go according to plan, i think i tried to force the ideas and that just doesn't work. Well amazingly i had the idea for this one on the bus coming home from work and i am actually really happy with the result.


I started off using a black pearlescent card blank (from Kmart) and then took a white pearlescent card blank (from Kmart) and cut to 12.5cm x 12.5cm and then embossed it using a cuttlebug folder i have and my beloved Bigshot. I then took some hot pink pearlescent paper (from my newsagent) which i mounted the embossed card panel onto, i trimmed a small border around so make it jump from the black card stock. I then cut out some mini butterflies using my Martha Stewart punch and arranged them on the embossed panel,  There are actually 2 black, 2 pink and 2 white but the white do not show up very well in the photo. I adhered them using Glossy Accents and added small clear Kaiser Craft Gems. Hope you like it!


1 comment:

  1. simply stunning jo.gorgeous embossing and i love the butteflies ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete