Followers

Sunday 20 April 2014

Beautiful Butterflies

Hi Everyone,

This is my first challenge card for a wee while and I used the sketch at Crafts and Me. It is a bit busier than I would normally make my cards but I enjoyed the challenge and I really do like the end result :)





I have had this pink and orange Kaiser craft designer paper for some time and I hadn't really come up with anyway to use it, I dont know about anyone else but I am terrible for buying gorgeous scrapbooking paper and then not have the heart to cut it, which can make things a bit tricky for a card maker ha ha. But it seemed perfect for this image along with the beautiful Hannah Lynn image.

I needed flowers for the sketch and I had none the right colour, same with the ribbon. So I got white flowers and ribbon and coloured them with my copics, I love this because I sometimes struggle to match colours correctly and this takes all the hassle out of things. I decided the flowers needed something more so I put glossy accents on them and then put some very fine glitter on them. I shook off the excessive once the glossy accents was dry and I really like the finish, it just gives the whole card a little more sparkle. The butterfly I actually cut out of the spare butterfly designer paper and then I shaped it on my flower shapping mat with my embossing tool to give it a bit more shape and I loved how this turned out.

For this card is used:

Designer Paper and pink card stock, flowers by Kaiser Craft
Hannah Lynn Digital Stamp
White Ribbon from my stash
Pearl Hearts from my stash
Spellbinders corner dies
Clear Gelly roll pen
Copics - R81, YR16, B24, E13, E15, E17, E50 and red Spica pen.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:




Thanks for taking the time and please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions, its always great to hear from you.

Love Jox


2 comments:

  1. so beautiful jo.one of my fav images and your papers and butterflies are really pretty.Thanks too for joining us at the Crafts and Me challenge ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and I love the colour palette

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    ABC

    ReplyDelete